Hands Across the Sea -The Alexanders of Lintrathen, 1829 ~ A Little Gem - Soie 100/3 Thread Kit
The Alexanders of Lintrathen, 1829 ~ A Little Gem is delightful sampler from Hands Across the Sea.
**Please note, Sampler Kit does not include chart. Purchase is required separately on Hands Across the Sea.**
Kit includes 20 spools of Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 100/3 thread and 2 Tapestry Size 10 Beading Needles (Gift with Purchase).
One strand of Soie 100/3 silk thread is recommended for 37, 38, 45, and 53/63 count linens. Sampler model was stitched using Soie 100/3.
Au Ver a Soie®, Soie 100/3 silk thread colours include:
- SMS 002 ~ Grey green ~ light
- SMS 022 ~ Golden olive
- SMS 072 ~ Turquoise ~ light
- SMS 088 ~ Beige brown ~ ultra very light
- SMS 106 ~ Coral ~ dark
- SMS 124 ~ Antique mauve ~ medium
- SMS 139 ~ Navy blue ~ dark
- SMS 222 ~ Plum ~ dark
- SMS 242 ~ Golden brown
- SMS 246 ~ Blue green ~ very dark
- SMS 274 ~ Khaki green ~ dark
- SMS 307 ~ Raspberry ~ medium
- SMS 376 ~ Antique mauve ~ dark
- SMS 378 ~ Avocado green ~ very dark
- SMS 384 ~ Raspberry ~ very dark
- SMS 527 ~ Grape ~ very light
- SMS 677 ~ Topaz ~ medium
- SMS 765 ~ Cornflower blue ~ medium
- SMS 774 ~ Black
- SMS 2646 ~ Garnet ~ medium
***Please note, this item is excluded from any discounts or sales.
About the Sampler from Nicola Parkman:
"In the 1851 census, Jean Alexander can be found living with her sister Mary. She is listed as a handloom weaver of linen. Handloom weaving was a family business; the trade being handed down through the generations. It is possible that the linen the sampler was stitched on was woven by an Alexander. Whilst the 1851 census contains the last official mention of Jean Alexander, the survival of the sampler she stitched as a child is her lasting legacy. Her sampler is a primary historical source document in its own right."